Skip to content
- The name of the Club shall be the “University of Warwick Ultimate Frisbee Club”
2. Mission Statement, Aims and Objectives
- The statement of the Mission, Aims and Objectives of this Club shall be:
- To increase participation in Ultimate Frisbee at Warwick by attracting students with no prior experience of the sport (as well as the few that do).
- To help members develop by providing high-quality training for all experience and commitment levels.
- To represent the university by participating in BUCS championships, both indoors and outdoors and strive to consistently perform well at a national level.
- To maintain and protect the spirit of the game in everything we do.
- To inspire enjoyable and healthy lifestyles for all involved in the club.
- The Club, its funds, and all its activities shall be annually subject to review by the Club’s Executive Committee.
- The Club, its funds, and all its activities shall be subject to the provisions of the Governing documents, By Laws and Financial Regulations of the Students’ Union and any policies determined by the Sports Partnership Group.
- Clubs shall abide by the Students ’ Union current Equality and Diversity Policy and By Law, and environmental policy statements which shall be included in all constitutions.
- Clubs will be subject to the disciplinary procedures of the University and the Students’ Union.
3. Decision Making
- The Club General Meeting shall be the sovereign body of the club. It shall elect all executive committee members of the club and may collectively decide on any matter relating to the activities of the club subject to the above points
- Elections shall be carried out in accordance with the democratic regulations of the Students’ Union.
- The club executive committee shall call at least one General Meeting a year for the purposes of electing all the executive committee and discussing plans and activities for the coming year. The executive committee shall give at least seven days’ notice of any General Meeting to all members as far as is possible and such notice shall include details of any elections to be held. The executive committee shall call further meetings either at its own initiative or at the request of 20% of the membership (as defined by the Sports Officer).
- The club executive committee shall be made up of at least three voting members of which three shall be the President/Chair, Secretary and the Treasurer respectively. The General Meeting shall be free to give titles to the remaining voting members of the executive committee. At least one person should have responsibility for welfare matters and one person for safety matters.
- The executive committee shall be responsible for the day-to-day running of the club and may decide upon any matter which has not been decided upon by the General Meeting. The executive committee shall be further responsible for:
- Organising the activities of the club in such a way as to include the greatest possible number of the club’s members.
- Directing the expenditure of the club’s funds in a responsible fashion in line with the aims, objectives and planned activities of the club and the aforementioned financial regulations.
- Formulating and submitting an annual bid for funds from the Students’ Union prior to any specified deadline which shall include a statement of activities and objectives for the coming year and a detailed justification of the figures contained within the bid.
- Formulating and submitting any additional bids for funds from Warwick Sport or other organisations.
- Assisting any review (including an Annual Report) of the club’s activities and use of funds carried out by the Sports Partnership Group.
- Upholding the constitution of the club and ensuring that its aims and objectives reflect the clubs activities.
- Communicating effectively matters relating to the club, its activities and finances as well as information from the Students’ Union, University and Sports partnership Group to the club membership
- Managing the club’s communication channels including but not limited to social media and website having due regard to related IT policies, Data Protection, Equality and Diversity and related legislation.
- Ensuring all matters relating to the health and safety of club members during club activity are properly assessed and provided for.
- Protecting the good reputation of the club, the Students’ Union and the University
- The Executive will not undertake any contracts in their name given their unincorporated status they will not undertake any contracts in the name of the Students’ Union or University without prior written agreement.
- The Executive Committee will establish a system for the use and security of club sports equipment. At the beginning of the academic year an inventory of club equipment will be submitted as part of the Club Development Plan.
- The Treasurer shall be directly responsible for the administration of any grant to the club and shall be responsible for the administration of any other income or expenditure from the clubs funds.
- Membership of the club shall be open to all Full, Associate and Honorary members of Warwick Sport upon payment of the required subscription.
- Only full members of the club (i.e. full members of the Students’ Union as defined in the SU’s Governing documents) shall be entitled to hold an executive committee position and vote in elections. Associate and Honorary Members or non-members of Warwick Sport are unable to hold any Executive position or participate in any vote conducted by either the Club or Warwick Sport.
- Financial authority for the club shall be given to designated executive committee members of the club at the designation of the Sports Officer and the Students’ Union Student Activities Department.